I have been paying premiums for Trupanion insurance for over 4 years.Recently in the past year, my older dog has had some health issues.

They have begun denying EVERY SINGLE CLAIM and stalling stalling stalling. It is all they do. They denied a claim for a medication that they paid for 2 years ago for a brief illness, and when I pointed that out, they said it was a mistake that they paid for it before! If there is ANYTHING and I MEAN ANYTHING in your dogs history saying like 1 time 5 years ago the dog scratched it's ear, chin whatever...they will find a way to say that a current acute infection was a PREEXISTING CONDITION!!

(because a groomer 5 years ago used a perfume that irritated the dogs skin). HOW could that have anything to do with an acute ear infection??? Your veterinarian won't be able to save you...it is too much work for them to fight with Trupanion for no reason, because the vet already got paid...by YOU! You will be exhausted trying to fight every claim and NEVER WIN.

HONESTLY, YOU ARE BETTER OFF PUTTING AWAY $150 A MONTH INTO A SAVINGS ACCOUNT FOR YOUR PET'S MEDICAL BILLS!!!COMPLETE RIPOFF!!!!!!!!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss order processing issue of trupanion pet insurance pet insurance. Trupanion Pet Insurance needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned trupanion pet insurance pet insurance in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Trupanion Pet Insurance.

Had an Experience with Trupanion Pet Insurance?

Comments

ivankelly_1991

I hear these complaints about claim denials.I am a journalist, writing about pet insurance market.

I would like to hear your story.Please email me at: izhykhariev@thecapitolforum.com

Scam is right on!Free 30 day trial sounded like a reward for rescuing my puppy.

I filed several claims within the first 30 days. I was told they were being approved and would be sent checks in the mail whether I continued trupanion after my 30 FREE trial. I was then given the run around for 6 weeks. Emailed same questions several times.

Finally asked to speak to head of claims. Woman has audacity to ask me if I understood what a deductible was. She was asking me. Didn't she know what a deductible is.

Saying there's a $250 deductible unless I sign up for a $0 deductible . I continued saying this is/was a free trial . Never was asked about what amount of deductible I wanted because it was a free trial. After research I chose better company for my pet insurance that has more coverage and lower yearly rate .

So FREE trial I was hoping and expected to get some of or 90% coverage of my vet bills as the company says they do. So how is this a free trial when they say they will put the money towards my deductible when I chose to not continue past the 30 free trial. Scam for sure . Sounded like they loved puppy's so much they would take care of the first 30 days of most my vet bills.

So I went for several checkups since new pup with knowing I would have trupanion to cover a lot of my vet bill whether I kept or didn't keep coverage.

So wondering what do I get for free coverage?.I could have signed up for another company that would...

Norcross, Georgia, United States #1264056

I agree 100 PERCENT!!!TRUPANION PET INSURANCE is a RIPOFF SCAM.

THEY ARE TRAINED TO DENIE CLAIMS USING AND BS REASON.

Belmont, California, United States #1185149

Trupanion recently denied each of my claims for unrelated non-conditions.It appears that Trupanion routinely induces consumers to purchase their insurance plans without any intent to actually pay out claims when the time comes.

I am a California attorney, as is my sister who also recently had Trupanion claims for her dog denied, and intend to gather as much information I can from consumers in our similar situation to initiate a class action lawsuit. If you are reading this and have: (1) purchased a Trupanion insurance plan; (2) submitted a claim after the 30-day illness waiting period; and (3) been denied reimbursement on such claims, please send me your story (heather.kim.law@gmail.com).

I set up this email for the purpose of a potential lawsuit against Trupanion.The public needs to be aware of Trupanion's fraudulent conduct.

Broomfield, Colorado, United States #1176082

It's true.Trupanian calls everything that happens to our cat a "pre-existing condition" and won't pay.

Heart, lungs, and gastrointestinal tract are no-pays for ANY symptom. Well, that's basically the whole cat! They find creative ways to call anything "pre-existing."

Complete rip-off and not worth the money. They've gotten thousands OUT of us, and we've gotten hundreds back, with many thousands of denied claims.

Yup, you pay the vet, who is then not motivated to help you fight Trupanian's assessment.And you can waste your whole life trying to fight, to no avail.

Until these rip-off companies are class-action sued and thereby forced to clean up their act, they'll just keep ripping people off, and it's become a huge industry now!

Yes let's file a class action lawsuit.The stock on New York stock exchange under Tru demonstrates 15 million earnings per quarter and it's evident the companies true interest is in financial gain not paying legitimate claims of the policy holders.

All policy holders should review Trupanion NYSE profile and question the companies earnings while they deny claims 98% of the time then send a pdf file showing all their exclusions to policy which they didn't submit prior to enrollment .Trupanion needs to be sued by all of us !!!

I couldn't agree more. Their MO is to look for anyway to deny a claim. I am looking into ways that I can report their unethical behavior to the consumer protection bureau.